Friday, February 26, 2010

Council Time - Sept 1 to Sept 30, 2009

It's been a while since my last post looking at how much time being an alderman actually requires. (See all previous posts HERE) I was reminded to take a look again when the committee looking at council pay made a request looking for info. They want to know how much time council members commit to the various committee and events as part of the job. I passed on the link to my previous posts but also did up two new time charts that are a little more recent.

So, here's the first of those two new council time updates, my time in meetings and events from September 1st to 30th, 2009. As I say every time; please take this only as a rough estimate of time spent on things that I have physically attended.

Also, I'm not including; time spent reading agendas, doing research, travelling to and from meetings or answering resident's phone calls & emails. Those add up too but again they are really tough to measure. For example a meeting might last for an hour but what would you suggest getting there and back to home (where I work) adds? I'm not sure, I try to be early for meetings so that's another 10 minutes and I probably leave home another 10 minutes before that. It probably takes another 10 to get back home afterwards so a 1 hour meeting probably takes more like 1.5 hours out of my day. What do you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails