Monday, March 15, 2010

New Grande Prairie Blog

I had an email yesterday announcing a new Grande Prairie based blog:

"Hi Bill, I am a regular reader of your blog, I am the same Donna who has commented from time to time. I am also the person who expressed concern at last year's public town hall meeting at Maude Clifford school, about the littering problem in Grande Prairie. Well, it turns out that complaining about the litter to my husband and friends isn't really accomplishing anything, so I started a blog the other day. I already feel much better about the situation, like I'm actually doing something about it. So I wanted to let you in on it since you are someone who also blogs, and you may also have valuable input on the issues I choose to discuss, since some solutions will no-doubt involve working with the City. If you feel inclined, would you mind forwarding the link to anyone you know that might be interested? I am not on Facebook, but am planning to send the link to friends and people I am acquainted with around the community - but other than that, I'm not sure how to go about getting people on board. Grande Prairie: Project Clean & Green

Before I started my blog, I googled "grande prairie clean green" first, to see if anyone else had already started something like it, because why re-invent the wheel? Now that my blog is published, if you google the same words, my blog is the first hit that comes up - how cool is that?

Well I am on a mission and have no idea where it will take me, but I have high hopes and am pretty enthusiastic about it. Hope you like my site! Let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas."


Good for you Donna, it's great to see people taking action on the issues that are important to them! I've added Grande Prairie: Project Clean & Green to the Worthwhile Blogs section on the right hand side of the site - stop by and encourage Donna in her efforts to get the word out on how important it is that we all take a hand in keeping our city clean!

1 comment:

Diane Schuller said...

Yes, I agree, great to see someone taking some kind of action. I'll check out Donna's blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails