Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Election Results

Last night was a wild ride and came with lots of change!

Congratulations to all the candidates! Everyone who ran deserves to be recognized for the commitment they've shown towards our community.

The turnout at the polls shot up to almost 30% which was great to see and I think that gives this council a very clear mandate to get moving! The full results are here but in short we have a new team that will take the city in to the next three years:

Mayor
Dwight Logan

Aldermen
Bill Given
Lorne Radbourne
Dan Wong
Helen Rice
Gladys Blackmore
Alex Gustafson
Yad Minhas
Elroy Deimert

I'm very proud of our accomplishments over the past six years and I'm honored to have the community invite me to stay and serve for another three years. I've really appreciated all the support from the community and kind words from friends through the election but now it's time to get down to work!

I want to stay as open, accessible and approachable as possible through the next term so I plan on continuing my blog. I've found it to be a great way to get information out to the community and to elicit feedback on the issues. I think this feedback and discussion are vitally important to ensuring that the whole community has a voice at the council table so I hope you'll continue to visit and stay in touch. Election day is really just the start of democracy.

Bill

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails