Tuesday, December 18, 2007

City Manager Retirement News Release

The official city news release related to my post earlier....

News Release
December 18, 2007

City Manager Gourlay Announces Retirement

City Manager Dave Gourlay today announced his retirement from the City of Grande Prairie, effective March 14, 2008.

“I have been contemplating this decision for several months and feel this is the right time to begin the next stage of my life,” he says.

“I have enjoyed my time as City Manager. It has been a challenging and rewarding career. I will miss the great people who work with the City. I have enjoyed working with both this and each of the councils during my tenure.”

Gourlay began his term as City Manager in July 2001. He first joined the City in October 1989 and became Treasurer in January 1998. Gourlay came to the City after a long career as a financial executive, including 17 years with the North West Trust Company, serving as Vice President Branch Operations during his last seven years with the company. He became a Certified Management Accountant in 1974.

“I wish this organization much success in the years to come,” Gourlay says. “These have been exciting times and as a growing, prosperous community, there are many opportunities that will unfold in the coming years.”

Gourlay, an avid outdoorsman, and his wife, Marg, plan to remain in Grande Prairie. He has served as a director on the boards of Aquatera Utilities Inc., the Community Foundation of Greater Grande Prairie, Grande Prairie Airport, Swan City Breakfast Lions, and Centre 2000.

“Dave is a manager who I value greatly,” Mayor Dwight Logan says. “I will miss him as someone for whom I have great respect. He’s a leader with immense skills and a high level of integrity. Dave has been largely responsible for building this fine organization.”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails