Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Why I Love The Internet

This post isn't about city business or local issues so if that's what you are looking for please feel free to skip on past. If you like a good story about the power of the internet with a little humour and a David vs Goliath undertone (I know I like them) then read the story linked in the quote below....

"The letter accuses me of interfering with and misappropriating Ed Stelmach’s personality (I’m really not sure where Ed Stelmach’s personality is, but I certainly didn’t take it)."

Here's the media attention this has attracted.

Lessons I think this should reinforce:

1. It doesn't have to cost a lot to get broad media attention for your cause (you just have to be smart).

2. There are still those who don't understand how quickly stories and ideas spread through the internet. (and they can look silly trying to swim against the current)

3. It's worthwhile to register a domain name if you think there's a remote chance you might use it. (especially if you are a public figure)


Just in case anyone out there any big ideas - I already own billgiven.ca, .com, .net and .org ... they all point to this site.

Oh, by the way, I'm reading Wikinomics by Don Tapscott and Anthony D. Williams right now. It's subtitle is "How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are up on your tech, but did you tell your fellow council members to register their domain names?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails