Monday, June 4, 2007

Senior's Week

I was just at the Golden Age Centre to proclaim June 4th to 10th Senior's Week in Grande Prairie. We get called on to do these kind of proclimations every now and then to recognize different groups or things that are heppeing in the community.

I picked up a calendar of events for the week:

Tues - 1:30 to 3:30pm - Edson Trail Tea at the Museaum
Wed - 10:00 to 11:30am - Floor Curling Challenge at the Golden Age Centre
Wed - 7:00pm - Seniors Fashion Show at Wild Rose Manor
Thurs - 12:00 to 1:00pm - Lunch at the Legion
Thrus - 1:00pm - Bingo at the Heritage Lodge
Fri - 6:00pm - Dinner & Dance at the Golden Age Centre
Sun - 1:00 to 4:00pm Tea & Dance the the Golden Age Centre

Tues - Fri 9:00am to 4:00pm Free Cleaning and Testing on Hearing Aids at Northern Sound Hearing Clinic.

While I was at the Golden Age Centre I had a chance to speak with the Hans the board president. They are having problems with access at the Center and are concerned about what impact the future west couplet will have on their space. The couplet is a few years away and there is some new development that will bring some new sidewalks to the area hopefully but I also saw some room for a simple improvment that I think I'll bring up at our next Community Development Committee meeting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails