Monday, February 2, 2009

Cultural Centre Construction Tour

I just got back from a tour of the Montrose Cultural Centre. The building, as you know, will be home to the Grande Prairie Public Library and the Prairie Art Gallery. (Here are some of my previous posts on the subject)

City staff had arranged a time for council members to tour the building and unfortunately I would have missed it because I have a vacation coming up. Thankfully Terry our new community services director was nice enough to arrange a special "advance viewing" for me on short notice this afternoon.

The building is set to open this June when it hosts the 2009 Lieutenant Governor's Arts awards. Start making your plans to attend now!

Here are some shots that I captured while we were touring the site.

Walking up to the main entrance on the north side of the building. 


Off to the right of the main entrance is the coffee shop space (I can't wait to get a sandwich and a latte here on a summer afternoon!) 


Past the small coffee shop area is the central hall space which will be used for community events and functions. I think it can handle about 200 or 250 for seated dinner service type events. 


Back in the main library space looking through the building to the west (toward the old art gallery building.) 


From the same spot looking east this time. You might not recognize it but the little area in the centre of the picture will be a fireplace. Anyone want to cozy up by the fire with a good book on a cold winter evening? 



I have a few other pics but those will have to do for now ... I have to run to a 3pm Environment Committee meeting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice shots thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails