Thursday, April 5, 2007

Municipal News from the 'Hat


I did a search last night to see what I could find for blogs focusing on municipal government in Alberta. I only got through the first couple of pages of results but there was one real gem in there.

Mad Hatters is a very active blog commenting on what is happening down in Medicine Hat. It's great to see that there are people talking about local government in that corner of the province!

I lived in the 'Hat for a year and it always seemed to have a lot of similarities to Grande Prairie. Having said that there are a lot of things that were different even then - demographics to start, GP has more people 4 and under than we have 60 and over. Medicine Hat is at the other end of the spectrum.

John Hamill is the one member of the council there that I know. We've crossed paths couple of times at conferences of the Alberta Urban Municipalities Association over the years. I've been introduced to him because Helen Rice from our council is very involved at AUMA and I think they both sat on the association's board at one time.

Anyways, it's great to find at least one other site focusing on a city government in Alberta. There must be more so I guess it's back to the search - unless you have any suggestions.

Either way I'm going to add Mad Hatters to my regular reading material - and to the Worthwhile Blogs list on the right side bar.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails