Monday, May 26, 2008

Site Changes - Local News RSS


This morning when I logged in to check out the newspaper I was surprised to see that the DHT had totally redesigned their website. The new look will take a little getting used to but I think it's great and I have a feeling that there are a lot of new features that will be really useful once one figures out they are there.

One of the best features is that they now provide a RSS feed. (For a description of what an RSS feed is check here.)The RSS feed is what has allowed me to add the "GP News From The DHT" to the right-hand side of of this page. So from now on you'll be able to get three of the latest headlines from the DHT whenever you log in here.

If you're in to using an RSS feed to get your news my blog actually has one too. Go to the very bottom of the page, you see " Subscribe to: Posts (Atom) " Click on that link and you'll see my feed. I've asked a couple of different organizations to start providing RSS feeds. Hopefully they'll be following suit in the future but for now, a big Congratulations and Thank You go out to the DHT for their website redesign and RSS feed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails