Monday, April 23, 2007

Quick Round Up

A few quick hits for your reading pleasure

Come out to the Aquatics Centre Open House
Interested in the plan for Grande Prairie's new Aquatics Centre? Come to the open house on Thursday.
story

My Comment:As soon as the city media release is up on the site I'll link to it so you have the details. Mark it in your calender, you'll want to see the architect's presentation of what this thing is going to be like. I think you'll be pleased.

Talisman Roof Repair Could Cost $25M
Calgary City Council has approved moving ahead with roof repairs at the Talisman Centre. The $25M project wouldn't happen till 2010.
story

My Comment: Locally, some had been pushing for the new aquatics centre to have this type of roof - I think I'm glad we didn't go that way.

Municipal Election Race Starts in Edmonton
daveberta has an article on the start of the race for Edmonton's Ward 4 council seat. The comments on the story also mention that long time councillor Michael Phair isn't running again.
story

My Comment: Here comes the season! No one in our area has made a formal announcement yet but it's only 6 months until the election.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails