Monday, May 21, 2007

Site Additions

I've been tinkering with the site a little over the last while in an attempt to add a few things that might be useful and interesting. All of the sections mentioned here are on the right hand side of the page in the green block. Check them out, use them as you see fit and tell me what you think of them - are they useful or not?

About Bill
The goal of this site isn't really to talk about myself but I realize that it's kind of a standard thing to have an "About Me" section. I've added a link to my bio on the City of Grande Prairie website along with a badge from my Facebook account. If you are on Facebook you can find out a lot more about me personally in my profile. The Facebook account is my personal account so you can kind of consider it "the lighter side" - I'm also not responsible for the actions of anyone but my self on Facebook.

Info Please
You've probably seen the polls that I've been running in Info Please. They are typically related to an issue that I've posted an article on and I will probably rotate them on an irregular basis as I see fit. You can't see it for some reason but just after the question I have a link to the article that is related. I like to leave them up for long enough that they collect at least a few votes.

Bill's Calendar
This is the most recent addition to the blog. I've been wanting to add this for a while but couldn't find what I was looking for until I checked out Google Calendar. I should have known to look there... My goal is to show you where I am and what meetings and events I'm attending for council. I may also include events from some community groups that I'm involved with. You can click on an event and get details on when, where and what exactly it is. Many of the events are public and I'd encourage you to join me and say hi when you see me.

Email Subscriptions
I've had a spot to sign up for email updates for a while.. unfortunately I don't think it's been working up to this point. But that should be corrected now and you should be able to sign up very simply and receive blog updates right in you email box. Remember to clear it with your spam filter.

As I said, if these things are cool and useful let me know - if they suck I need to know that too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails